Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
Salary: £10,113 - £12,266 (20 hours PW)
Reporting to: BASS National Coordinator
Hours: 20 Hours (including weekends and evenings)
We are seeking a highly motivated, confident individual who has the ability to inspire and deliver exceptional results to join our team at Becky Adlington’s SwimStars.
Summary of Role
You will deliver the coordination of the Learn to Swim provision for a cluster of venues in the Midlands area. You will drive standards of teaching across a team of teachers, whilst actively teaching for a minimum of 14 hrs per week.
To be part of the team you need to be focused and driven to deliver on time without ever compromising the Becky Adlington SwimStar’s experience, a natural leader, who leads by example and demonstrates good judgement at all times.
Previous experience of delivering and or coordinating learn to swim provision is preferable but full training and support will be provided. You should be able to prioritise your workload, have good organisational, planning and communication skills, and experience of partnership working and the SwimStars programme would be an advantage but not essential.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
* Full responsibility for the performance of your venues including meeting KPIs and delivering to the world class standard BASS expects our customers to experience
* Assist in the communication, sales, marketing and promotion of Becky Adlington’s SwimStars
* Prepare reports on the centre’s operations, including events and incidents when necessary and requested
* Customer contact across the programme when support is required for enrolment
* Ensure all lessons are fully staffed and meet our expected standards
* Implement customer journey activities and assist in programming and promotions through innovative ideas to meet the demands of the facility’s customers, organisational plans and retention programmes
* Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the venue managers and staff
* Deliver a minimum of 14 hrs of lessons as part of your role to the expected standards and be a role model for teachers
* Prepare lesson plans and comprehensive schemes of work that meet the creativity, knowledge and innovation expected
* Mentor and develop swimming teachers / coaches in accordance with BASS training programmes
* Attend appropriate, relevant courses throughout the year in line with the needs of the organisation. Support in the co-ordination of teacher training and induction sessions
* Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate
* Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with the company Safeguarding policy
* Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
* Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements.
Qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and behaviours:
* ASA Teaching Aquatics Level 2 (or equivalent)
* Current lifesaving qualification or acceptable equivalent
* Experience of working with a diverse customer base
* Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
* Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly in relation to building trust and rapport with children and their parents/guardians
* Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
* Good numerical and written skills
* Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme
* Professional and sympathetic to the interests and needs of the swimmer and parent/guardian
* Self-confident and able to inspire confidence in others
* A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude
* Observant – notices customers and anticipates their needs.
Full UK Driving Licence, Flexible approach to work and hours needed.
To apply, please email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org